Dear Kamelya,
Stop getting so big so fast, please! Only one more month left of your first year and we CANNOT believe it. You are the sweetest sweet and although this time is going by far too quickly, we are enjoying each and every day.
Since last month there have been several more big changes. First - you can walk! Your first steps were at your Dayi's house and it was oh so exciting. You keep practicing and are getting better and better at it. When we cheer and clap too much though you get scared so we're trying to encourage you quietly.
Also, you have TWO new teeth. Your two top teeth have come in. They are super cute and make you look like such a big girl. It's a little bit uncomfortable for you right now so you want to chew on everything in site. I am constantly prying things out of your little mouth. I have to be careful because those new little teeth are sharp!
Another change is that you are starting to nurse less during the day. You seem to be too distracted by the exciting world around you to settle down enough. Actually, these days you don't want bottles either or much of any kind of food - you are too busy to sit still! Most of the time you nurse for just a couple minutes and wiggle out of my lap and want to walk and walk and walk. In the mornings and at night nursing is still your favorite thing though. I love it too and will be sad when we are all done.
One thing I will not be sad about is when you finally learn to sleep through the night! It's up and down these days (a bit better now thankfully) but you have yet to sleep through one single night yet. We're here for you and will help you sleep and comfort you when you need it, but please, work with us here! We're tired!
Speaking of sleeping* - one exciting thing that happened this month was that your cousin Lukas was born! He is a sweetiepie and you love him already. When you first met him, you kept touching his hand and looking at me to see if it was okay. When I reassured you that it was, you took his teensy tiny little hand in yours and gave a squeeze. So sweet. Now it seems like there is a big age difference between you too but soon you are going to be very good friends. You are lucky to have two cousins to play with already.
This past month we went on vacation in Ocean Grove and had the best time. You are lucky that Anne and Daddy both have special places because that means you get two lovely beachy spots in your life. I'm happy that you have already been able to visit Cesme and OG in your first year. We are going to keep taking you back to beach your whole life pal. We're so glad you seem to love it too.
While vacation was lovely, Daddy had to take another work trip this month. Well, he just left actually and you won't see him again until just before your birthday. This is a long trip and Daddy already misses you very much. We feel bad to have to be apart from you while you are still so little. Someday we'll explain to you about our work and why we have to travel and hopefully you'll understand.
There are so many little things about your cuteness right now that I want to write down so I don't forget. How you squeal with glee at the smallest things - like watching the fan in our bedroom turn on or touching the bannister on the way up the stairs. How you can really show your love now, reaching for me and Daddy and hugging us close. How excited and happy you are when you are walking on your own, looking at us, surprised and filled with joy. How when you are tired you get giggly and then chatty. Then you roll over and over onto your tummy and get thoughtful and quiet right before you fall asleep.
Dear beautiful girl, we love you. This is your last month before you are a whole year old so I have to treasure every day. Even if I'm tired, even if we miss your Daddy, even if there is too much to do, I am still going to enjoy every moment with you. Even when you throw your sippy cup on the ground over and over. Even when you won't let me put you down for even one single second. Even when you won't eat any of the food I've prepared for you. Even when you wake up all night long. Even then I'll love you and I won't mind too much. You'll smile your big beautiful smile with your twinkly bright (hazel!) eyes and I'll scoop you up and give you a hundred kisses and you'll squeak and squeal because you love kisses. And we'll do that all next month just like we did this month. And hopefully every month from now on for forever because even if you are going to soon be one, you are still our baby girl.
Love,
Anne and Daddy
*Moo, your cousin is already a very good sleeper. Now, I promise not to make comparisons between you two because you are two separate and special little people and although your first few months were a little rough we loved to pieces anyway (of course). HOWEVER, if we have another little baby someday, I hope it's an easy peasy baby like Lukas. I'm just saying.
1 comment:
This was SUCH a great post!!! It makes me even more excited to see Kamelya in just a couple weeks. I love you and miss you!
Post a Comment