Friday, June 27, 2014

One month!

Dear sweet baby Evren,

Welcome. We are so, so glad you are here.
You were born during a thunderstorm. In fact, the storm raged the whole night I was in labor with you and kept on raining hard the next day through.


It was my longest birth, and hardest I think. But, you are worth every moment of it. 


That first day with you in the hospital, just me and you, I'll always remember it. You were so tiny, so perfect. It was quiet except for your soft breath and the distant sound of the rain outside. I knew that soon we would go home to the joy and the chaos of your siblings and our home (still in the process of moving in) and I treasured our time together that first day. I brought you into my hospital bed with me and we slept and recovered and during your brief times of wakefulness, we looked at one another with wonder.
That's the thing about the third baby. By now I realise how quickly it all goes and I am able to enjoy these early days more. I spend more time just looking at you, marvelling at your tiny, perfectness.


It helps that you are a very easy baby. You sleep well and hardly cry. When you do cry, it is a soft, sad little sound, mostly because we have put you down and you want us to come pick you up. All if takes it for one of us to snuggle you close and you immediately quiet with a small whimper or sigh.


You are the sleepiest of my babies and sometimes even too sleepy to nurse. I wake you up and feed you and fall back to sleep, content, as long as you are in my arms. And oh, I am happy to hold you my beautiful baby.


You really are a beautiful baby. You have the sweetest little face. Big sparkly eyes, chubby cheeks and the cutest expressions imaginable. 




Your abla and abi love you very much. You are showered with love and kisses and snuggles all day long. Kamelya begs to hold you and Kaan snuffles his face close up to yours and tells you how he loves you.


They have a special song they sing for you when you are sad. They pat your little head and hold your hand and cover you with your blankets. When you are upset and I can't get to you right away, they stay by your side and comfort you. "Snug as a bug, in your basket, we loooooove you." 



You may not always have my undivided attention, but, you are never alone. There is always someone there to comfort you. To love you. You are so very, very loved little baby. Adored and fawned over and snuggled and sung to and cooed at and cuddled.




So, my sweet baby boy. My final baby. My little universe. Welcome to the world. Welcome to our family. You have made us complete.  We love you so very much.

Love,
Mama and Daddy

No comments: