Thursday, February 5, 2009

Four months

Dear Kamleya,

Today it has been four months since you were born. I want to press pause on time and make things stay exactly the way they are now because you are the sweetest baby imaginable.


You are a joyful chubby giggling baby girl. You are the sweetest muffin ever with little wiggly toes, round cheeks, swirly hair, twinkly eyes, and big smiles. You love to chat and discuss, and you make squeaks of delight and sometimes little barks of objection. and you love being sung to more than ever before. There are songs you really like and songs you only like a little. You like the Beach Boys and U2 especially, but it isn't surprising that you have good taste.


The other day your dad asked me what you would be like when you are a little girl. I told him I think you'll be the same as you are now - curious, affectionate, smart and funny. And full of beans!


You love baths so much that we're going to give them to you every day if we can. They get you warm and calm for sleep. Your favorite color is yellow, followed by red, and your favorite book is Goodnight Gorilla. You're outgrowing a lot of your old clothes and we are already nostalgic for the outfits you used to wear.
 

You still don't sleep through the night but I really don't mind. When we are sleeping together at night, I look down at you with your long eyelashes, your pink cheeks and your tiny red lips and my heart feels like it's going to explode with love. I scootch down next to you and you snuggle in close to me so that I can feel your soft warm breath on my face and smell your sweet baby smell. 


This past month has brought many changes to our little world. I had to go back to work which was very sad. But you got to hang out with your daddy for three whole weeks and you both had so much fun. Your daddy loves you very much and you love him right back. 

But, daddy finally had to go back to work and then my Baba (your Dede) came to take care of you. He and your Jing Teyze have been here for five days now and you are all getting to know each other. I have to admit that it is still very hard to me to leave you behind and go to work. You cried a whole lot that first day but I think the separation is even harder for me than it is for you. We'll make it though, all of us together. There's enough love to see us through.

It is so exciting to watch you grow and develop and change and learn. Part of us wishes you could always stay tiny and snuggly; but we also are excited to see the little person you are becoming!

love, 

Anne and Daddy




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kaymak,

I can not beleive you are 4 months old already.In some pictures you are exactly like your mom in some pictures you are exactly like dad and some like your dayi when he was your age.I love your smile.Who tries to talk when they 3-4 months old ?You have dad's and moms genes and high Iq and their love for defending a point (their lawyer genes).I see you read books already.Proves my point.
Yesterday I went shopping and looked at dresses for you.Since my daughter would not wear dresses I am determined to make you wear dresses.That was when you argue your points people will listen to you since you will be dressed up like an adult complete with hats and gloves and patent shoes.

I totally understand your mom and dad because I raised my kids in daycare it is very hard to go to work.But I know they spend quality time with you.

I love you badem gozlu,nokta dudakli.elma yanaklim.
Samu