Sunday, February 15, 2009

Trip to the park





This little outing was actually last weekend but afterwards we lost the camera for awhile and only got around to uploading the photos today. And honestly, these days, I am lucky if I get ten minutes to myself a day so really, it's a miracle I am ever able to update this blog.

So, it was getting late in the day but Matt convinced me it would be worth it to drive to a nearby park to take a little walk. He was right of course. It was a beautiful warm day. The last time we were at this park was my due date. You can see the before-baby and after-baby pictures below. Last time we saw a cardinal, and this time too, which was exciting for us, because we love birds. Kamelya will too and she even has an outfit that says "I love birds!" Anyway this time there was an enormous flock of birds that stretched all the way from one side of the sky to the other and was hundreds of birds wide. They looked like the band of stars that the Milky Way shows in the night sky. We went down to the water and showed Kamelya the still-frozen streams and the lovely lichens. She was really into it and was even talking about it today, a week later.*


*It's late and I'm tired so I passed the computer to Matt to finish this post. He's very silly you see. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kaymak,
I printed the pictures and put them on my desk.I love your laugh at your mom,your curious looks,long lashes and long fingers.You are totally a gift to us. I love you.

Unknown said...

So fun seeing the before and after photos in the Park. I hope you have many more trips to the park this Spring with your terrific Mom and Dad my sweet little one.

Oma Ellen

Anonymous said...

I love reading your postings, Aylin. Thanks for keep on writing even if you are super tired. It is all worth it!

with love, auntie Amina.