Monday, December 22, 2008

Celebrations and merry making


For my birthday Matt created a scavenger hunt for me with presents hidden all over the house and little notes with riddles leading the way. There were lots of very special gifts, including a story he wrote for me, good smelling soap, a candle, lip gloss and more, all leading up to a beautiful diamond and sapphire necklace. He also brought home a huge sushi feast for dinner and a delicious fruit tart for dessert. I pretty much lucked out in the husband department, huh? 


Matt's birthday is the day after mine. I can't even try to compete with him in birthday thoughtfulness, but we did end up having a nice day. We went to a little cute small town about an hour away that was all decorated up for the holidays. We did a little shopping and then went to a little local pub for lunch. Kamelya was really good and just nursed in the sling throughout our meal. Then we came home and made a big bowl of popcorn and watched a movie. (Kung Fu Panda which I thought was very cute.) 


Yesterday we had some friends over to make and decorate Christmas cookies. Lyuda and I work together and went through our pregnancies together. She had Seyva only two weeks before Kamelya was born and it has been really nice to share the whole experience with her. The last time the two babies met, they didn't seem to even notice each other but this time they Kamelya couldn't take her eyes off her little friend!



I am feeling very thankful these days. Everything is twinkly and bright and happy and warm and cozy. How could I not be full of love for my little family? 
Oh and Happy Solstice! Hurray! The days are getting longer!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can not wait till you come to Chicago this Saturday and I get to meet my Kaymak.I have her pictures printed all over my desk at work.She is looking at me from every side with those intense beautiful ver smart eyes.