Monday, December 8, 2008

A festive weekend





On Saturday morning we went to the Christmas tree farm and picked out a tree and a wreath for the front door. Then we came home, turned on some Christmas music and started to decorate the house as Kamelya slept soundly. We made a big pot of soup, snuggled up in front of the fire had a really cozy time. Then it started to snow so we got bundled up and took a walk around the neighborhood. It was quiet and very pretty out, everything white and sparkly.

Yesterday, we celebrated Bayram with homemade chocolate chip cookies made by Matt! We also just spent time in front of the Christmas tree, reading the Sunday New York Times, chatting and cuddling with K. It was a pretty magical weekend. 

4 comments:

SelinT said...

Sounds like a perfect weekend!!! You guys look so happy in the pictures.

SelinT said...

Aylin, this is an amazing blog! I get so excited to read it every time you post. Just one comment...why dont you also post some of your yummy recipes?

Aylin said...

Selin'cim you are so cute. Thank you for your little comments. They make my day!

If I posted recipes, it would be a food blog, no? But, I do mention what we are eating a lot on here, don't I? I did recently discover a pretty amazing artichoke soup recipe. Maybe I'll post that next time!

Can't wait to see you canim. xo

SelinT said...

Yeah...you can give the recipes of all the food you talk about. Then it is not a food blog. Yeahhhhh!!! Hehehe. :)